Jörn Donner (1933-2020) was a renowned, influential, and provocative figure in Finnish culture and politics for more than half a century, Donner was a writer, film director, actor, producer, and politician. Among his myriad accomplishments, Donner was the only Finn to date to win an Oscar award, as producer of Ingmar Bergman's 1982 classic Fanny and Alexander. Donner published his debut novel in 1955, going on to author more than 60 fi ction and non-fiction books on a wide range of topics. Jörn Donner had a life passion for reading.
Join us for a unique opportunity to visit Jörn Donner home library. Jörn Donner’s son, Rafael Donner, will guide us the visit, introduce us the house and his father’s story with the home library.
- Address: Donner house, Pohjoisranta 12 A 2 (2nd floor)
- Date and time: 21.3.23 from 6pm to 7pm
- Maximum capacity: 25 participants
- Cost: free
- Members only
- Last day to sign up: 19.3.2023
- Organizer: Xiaona Holmberg, tel. 0505734788